This is your opportunity to play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing A/E firm! Frederick Ward Associates, Inc. (FWA) has a long-standing reputation for providing attentive service, innovative design, and consistent results in the Mid-Atlantic region for over 65 years. As a multidisciplinary firm, we offer positions of varying degrees of experience and education in architecture, civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying. As a growing company, we are seeking motivated employees who have a desire to change communities through involvement, dedication, and design.
We currently have openings for:
- Vice President of Engineering
- Civil/Site Design Engineer
- Intern Architect
- Interns – Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Landscape Architecture
If you do not see the job you are looking for, please do not hesitate to send in your resume. We are growing and are always looking for new talent.
For applications or inquiries, please contact:
5 South Main Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
CIVIL/SITE DESIGN ENGINEER
We are seeking a VP of Engineering who is an effective leader and experienced in managing multiple civil engineering design projects and design teams. This position requires extensive local project management and design experience with Stormwater Management and Drainage Systems, Water and Sewer Systems, Pump Stations, and Land Development projects.
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience
- Ability to manage and oversee the design efforts of project teams including client relations, budgets and schedules, project tracking and performance, and monthly invoicing
- Assist in business development, proposal preparation and marketing initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Responsible for guiding the company’s vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards
- 4 year Civil Engineering Degree
- Minimum – Licensed Professional Engineer in MD
We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and well organized to serve as a design and documentation role expanding to a project manager. This person will report to the senior staff of the department. The Intern Architect will work closely with the team in the development of projects from beginning to end, focusing on design, documentation, communication and coordination; QA/QC, construction administration, and project close out for both large and small projects.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD & Sketch Up
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop
- Working knowledge of building codes and other design codes
- Ability to document a project for construction & permitting while effectively collaborating colleagues and clients
- Degree from an accredited Architecture Program
CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Experience in Civil Site Design with the ability to use AutoCad and Civil 3D software
- Ability to prepare all facets of civil/site design documents including Stormwater Management design focus
- Experience in assisting with budgets, schedules, and sub-consultant coordination
- Working knowledge of the technical review process and code reviews
- 4 year Civil Engineering Degree
CULTURE AND BENEFITS
At FWA, we value our employees, encourage and support career development and, for those who are ready, offer ownership opportunity. FWA offers an excellent benefit package, flexible hours and social team building events. Come be a part of our growing team!