In 1955, Frederick Ward, a civil engineer, established Frederick Ward Associates in Bel Air, Maryland. The firm provided land surveying, including services for residential subdivisions, in rapidly developing Harford County and surrounding areas.
Over the years, Frederick Ward Associates expanded its capabilities to keep pace with development and meet increasingly sophisticated client needs. The firm added municipal engineering, mostly in the area of water and sewer system design in the 1960s, and expanded its utility services to comply with the Clean Water Act of 1972. In the 1980s, Frederick Ward Associates added architecture to its range of services, followed by landscape architecture and environmental planning. Throughout the 1990s, FWA pioneered technology integration, developing a strong focus on GPS surveying.
Today, the team of architects, engineers, planners and surveyors at Frederick Ward Associates serves private and public sector clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and around the world.
Frederick Ward Associates is a certified small business.
We are Community Builders; with passion and enthusiasm, we create the fabric and foundation of our environment through our surveys and innovative designs
- Integrity / Responsibility
- Maintain good character, strong moral principles and hold individuals accountable for their work and actions
- Commitment / Dedication
- Client’s First. Quality Always.
- Collaboration / Communication
- Communicate openly and continuously with our clients and within our team and through entire process
- Innovation & Growth
- Empower the staff to grow in their careers and knowledge through the newest technology and continuing education
- Truly value our employees, our Community, and our client relationships