In 1955, Frederick Ward, a civil engineer, established Frederick Ward Associates in Bel Air, Maryland. The firm provided land surveying for commercial applications and residential subdivisions in rapidly developing Harford County and surrounding areas.
Over the years, Frederick Ward Associates expanded its capabilities to keep pace with development and meet increasingly sophisticated client needs. In the 1960s, the firm added municipal engineering, mostly in the area of water and sewer system design, and expanded its utility services to comply with the Clean Water Act of 1972. In the 1980s, Frederick Ward Associates added architecture to its range of services, followed by landscape architecture and environmental planning. Throughout the 1990s, FWA pioneered technology integration and developed a strong focus on GPS surveying.
Today, the team of architects, engineers, planners and surveyors at Frederick Ward Associates uses a multidisciplinary approach to serve private and public sector clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Frederick Ward Associates is a certified small business that delivers comprehensive service and efficient designs with lasting value by:
- Focusing on a schedule’s critical path
- Navigating the entitlement process
- Managing permit and document administration
- Gathering and analyzing community input
- Maximizing the potential of each project
To create the fabric and foundation of our environment by providing excellent service through innovation, creativity, knowledge, and teamwork.
- Integrity & Responsibility: Maintain good character, strong moral principles and hold individuals accountable for their work and actions.
- Commitment & Dedication: Clients First. Quality Always.
- Collaboration & Communication: Communicate openly and continuously with our clients, within our team, and throughout the entire process.
- Innovation & Growth: Empower the staff to grow in their careers and knowledge through the newest technology and continuing education.
- Longevity: Truly value our employees, our community, and our client relationships.